Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Parties and Plans

Happy New Year Cyber Space.
Goodbye 2012 and good riddance!
For new Year eve we had a small party with one set of cousins.  We got ready for 2013 by making a few resolutions(using a worksheet I found on Teacher Pay Teacher)
 Merry cracked me up when I realized she had stuck her pencil into her hat.
 We had a few coloring sheets too, since there were cousins over I wanted set activities.
 They played a game of Pretty, Pretty Princess.  They were all very pretty.
 Then we had snacks, including yummy brownies my sister-in-law made.
 The kids disappeared and got very quite, when I went to check on them I was surprised to find them putting together a puzzle.
 Then it was time to toast the new year.  We had poppers with crowns and sparkling grape juice.

 Instead of waiting for midnight we used Animal Crossing for our countdown and fireworks, it was great and the next day we had our other cousins over and did the countdown all over again.
This time I remembered the balloons.

So now that the parties are over I'm in planning mode.  School will start back up on January 7th for us and I want to be prepared.  No real midyear changes but I do plan on adding some daily vocabulary.  I can't wait to see if it works.

No comments: