Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Whatchadoin? #14, Merry and 3rd grade

As a teacher/lesson planner 3rd grade is the last of the lower elementary years.  It an exciting year for me!

English consists of a grammar/writing workbook I found online, daily reading comprehension, and "All About Spelling."  We have not used the spelling as much as I would like but I'm hopeful that once we get into a routine I'll pull it out more.  Merry is not a fan of writing so I'm making a point to require something written out each day.

Math is "Life of Fred" again this year.  She loves it!  This year she started multiplication and division which is kinda a big deal!  She was reluctant at first but has warmed up to the concepts.

Science is done with her big sister.  This is Merry's last year using a "junior notebook." She is making sure to color the extra pictures and enjoy the simpler assignments.  I haven't heard her complain yet when I tell her to write complete sentences.


History is our final main subject.  She is doing "American Girl History" again this year.  It's a program I put together myself with free printouts from online as well as a few activity books I bought from the American Girl company.  This where I can see how much she's grown over the summer, she is reading the books in half the time, able to answer questions with complete ideas, and willingly reads the looking back pages.

Our other schooling consists of Latin and Geography with her sister, typing on the computer, and a few workbooks.

The year has started great!  Merry looks forward to learning new things, even hard things.  She especially likes the classes with her sister.


No comments: