Sunday, February 12, 2012

Merry Bitthday Little Miss Miss


Six is so old for such a tiny little person!  Yet that is in fact the age my little girl turned today.  I had grand plans that didn't get done, but last night I forced myself to finish her birthday outfit.
The "dress" is simply an embellished t-shirt.  I had fun going through buttons while I waited for my hubby to return from his midnight run to the local Walmart.  I'm not sure how I thought I would make the whole thing from felt but I'm glad I changed my mind.  The wooden leaf beads where a surprise find in with the buttons.  (I may have done a tired happy dance when I saw them.)
 I am SUPER proud of the shoes!  I just hot glued scraps of felt to an old pare of shoes and added cotton balls to the toes. (I have to admit after one day of wear the felt is loose and the cotton is all but gone)
In order to give her an actual themed birthday party I did a quick google search of "Tinkerbell printables"  That's how I found this paper fairy play set at "Family Fun."

I also used the fairies to make a small banner, just to make is a little more festive.
 I also found "Tinkerbell stickers"  which I glued to toothpicks for our cupcakes.  I hope that kept them from looking too valentinsy.

Merry seemed happy with everything, she didn't care that it was a bit last minute.  She was very eager for presents.

 Being 6 meant cooler presents than ever before, including a fashion teacup pig, perfect for a little fashionista.
 Her bear also got  a birthday present, T-shirt and cupcake to match Cousin Toby's.
 O.K. I just think this picture is cute and I 'm showing off that she reads EVERYTHING even shirts on bears.
 She shared a cake with her aunt which is why there are so many candles.
 Her favorite gift was a "girls" lego set, Thank-you Uncle BJ and Aunt Rachel.  With only a little coaching from her dad, Merry put it together herself.  
 So there you have it. I now have a six year old running around, but she's a cute one so I think we will let her stay six, for the year any ways.

No comments: