Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Paper towel tube dolls

So it took me a bit to finally blog about this activity, which we did for "May the fourth be with you." I had gotten rid of all our toilet paper rolls so had to use the paper towel rolls I had been saving to make kaleidoscopes, this was easier anyways.  First we watched the lego star wars DVD, a family favorite.  Then the kids each picked a character to make.

 All I did was give them a bin of leftover craft supplies from previous activities.
My oldest (8) spent a lot of time on the details, especially the buns.
 They turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.
My younger (6) was more of a big picture girl.
I was very impressed that she drew the bun on the foam shapes.

My nephews (4 and 5) had fun, they really liked the straw sabers.  
 I loved how different they each made their dolls.  I think we make more of these.


No comments: