Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Traditions

So this year is just like all the others, our Christmas is not quite normal.  Right after Thanksgiving we moved so we are setting up house and staying busy.  But I'm working hard on making Christmas memories for my daughters.

We are reading Christmas Fairy books at bed time.  The girls are loving that their dad inserts his own random comments into the story and does all kinds of voices (most don't quite fit like the little girls having deep voices.)

We are also making Jesse Trees.  It is a somewhat unique advent tradition that looks at the promises of God through out the old testament.  Because we are planing on celebrating the 12 days of Christmas leading up to Epiphany our Jesse tree will End with John the Baptist.  Then we will focus on the people involved with Christmas (Mary, Shepherds, etc.) I enjoy how hard the girls work on finding the promises as I read the scripture.  So far we are up to Abraham and his children blessing all nations.

A final Christmas tradition I am working on is fun.  Just having fun as a family.  It is easy to put the girls in front of a movie or have them play in their room, it is harder to take time to laugh and play with them.  It is work that is well worth it!

1 comment:

Mrs David W said...

Are you secretly my sister and not just my sister in law? I love everything you do as a mom!