Monday, August 5, 2013

"Insta"-replay #7, wild about wild life

This week I would have been fine sitting around being lazy but thanks to my family we were busy as ever.
The week started with a trip to the zoo.  Thanks to the reading program at the library the girls had earned free tickets they were eager to use.
It was a great day to see the animals, most were out and about.  Many came right up to the glass.  It was amazing to see them so active.
My own troop was pretty active also.  We spent a lot of time outside enjoying the weather.
A cousin's birthday gave us another excuse to be out and about.
Wednesday I only had one kid with me so she got a few special treats.  Of course first she had to sit through two fillings at the dentist.
The kids came up with their own arts and crafts outside.  They were especially proud of their stick figures that were made from actual sticks.
We also got out some packaged projects my sister had bought on clearance at Target.  She is the queen of clearance.
Next was a trip to the local Children's museum.  It was on our bucket list of Summer fun so when my sister-in-law invited us I jumped at the opportunity. 
The kids had fun learning, play and creating.
Yet another night out was spent at my Uncles retirement party.  It was a fun time and I got to meat my cousin's son for the first time.  He's super cute!
The week ended with more wild life.  Only these weren't behind glass, they were in our front yard.  Charry decided to name them after the twins in "how to train your dragon" so meet Roughnut and Toughnut.

No comments: