Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"Insta"-replay #39, field trips!

This week we just couldn't find a reason to stay home.

We spent our mornings roaming Target.  Sometimes I think I ought to make a shopping list before I leave the house but all the exercise we get walking around the store while I try to figure out what I forgotten is probably good for us.
We took a long walk with my sister, she rewarded us with yogurt, the girls love choosing their own topping.
We visited our local Children's Museum.  They had a new display room with aviation activities.  Merry loved making foam structures to put in the air tube.
There was also a German room where Charry built a castle while listening to yodeling.
 Then we were off to Grandma Jackie's for a birthday party.  The girls insisted on bringing their Popsicle stick puppets, but I never figured out why.
Our final outing was a big one!  A Zoo Snooze Camparoo with Girl Scouts!  This year the troop decided to use their cookie money for a zoo trip, not just any zoo trip, an over night zoo trip.
We got a evening tour that included a behind the scenes look at the kitchen and animal hospital.
And we were even able to make s'mores!
In the morning Jon joined us for a normal family day at the zoo.  But I'm not sure how normal my family is.  Every time they see a waterfall they just have to chase it!

Long fun week!  Summer is here! 

No comments: