Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"Insta"-replay #88, a wicked good time

Happy August, the month I start thinking about fall ad how nice it will be!

I finished up lesson planning only to discover that, if we stick to our 4 days a week schedule, we will have some classes going into June!  I talked it over with the girls and they decided to start those classes now so summer break starts sooner!

Last week the kids discovered the board games.  Well at least discovered they were free to use them.  Monopoly and mousetrap are current favorites. 

I've been trying to shop less by buying more!  It actually seems to help.  If I know I have stuff I could make for lunches I am less likely to run to the store and buy junk food.  

We were downtown Portland this weekend and enjoyed playing in one of their many parks.  Whenever we see waterfalls I tell my kids, "don't go chasing waterfalls."  So I think I'm hilarious taking a picture of them having caught the waterfall.

The reason we were in Portland was to see "Wicked."  Like most broadway musicals there was no photography of any kind aloud in the theatre but let me assure you it was wonderful!  The girls also got to participate in a GirlScouts workshop beforehand learning some of the behind the scenes facts.

It was a fun week!  I guess a little more summer isn't too bad.


No comments: