Friday, January 5, 2018

“Insta”-replay: Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Starting the year off blogging. I like to pretend this year will be more consistent than last, but probably not. So how else are we starting the year?


We toasted in the New Year with cranberry juice since I forgot to buy sparkling grape juice.  It was pretty in our glasses.  We also picked an unconventional time to toast.  It was around 9:30, after we’d finished a movie.  To make it special we found a YouTube clip of “Auld Lang Syne” to listen to before toasting.


I’ll admit I may be spending too much time on Animal Crossing already this year.  But the animals fly kites! Which is awesome, just saying.


We started back to school by taking a field trip to the zoo.  The reason for heading to Portland was more to visit my grandma but since we were up that way I figured the zoo was a good place to stop.


Most of the trip the girls had their phones out, taking pictures of the animals.  I managed to get them to pose a time or two so I had some pictures also.


Charry is taking biology this year and we have had trouble getting labs to work.  But this one was an exception! It was nice to jump back into our school with a success.


The experiment was supposed to extract DNA from peas. So the white stringy stuff floating in the clear liquid is DNA, is that cool or what!

So that was our first week of the year, next week my classes start up too.  So we’ll be staying busy.

No comments: