Saturday, November 5, 2011

Journal Entry #3



In my life this week…
I didn't have a free night, we had "Trunk or treat" with cousins, dinner with in-laws, Girl Scouts, Dance, AWANA, Bible Quizzing, Work.  As well as baby sitting, being there for my dad (he has a condition), taking nieces to get a present for baby brother due in December, and birthdays (3 this week 7? more coming this month)  So I've been busy.
In our homeschool this week…
Charry has been working on "Living Science" We're trying to study animals and plants by ecosystem.  It's gone well this week.  
Merry did a pumpkin unit with her cousins and I got a taste of what teaching a class is like.  I had one meticulous student who had a grand plan in mind and wanted to do everything perfectly even if it took all day and one student who was eager to finish as much work as he could as quickly as he could, even if it meant not quite following the instructions.  It turned out ok, just had to print more worksheets for him.
I am inspired by…
This blog, Craft with Me I want to try art jurnalish wall art, I'm thinking Christmas Coca Cola for my dining area.  It looks like fun.
My favorite thing this week was…
Spending time with a friend I think of often.  We don't see each other much anymore, life has taken us different places.  But she is as sweet as ever and it was good seeing her.
What’s working/not working for us…
Not so much working/not working as HAS TO WORK.  Starting next week Two days a week we will be staying at my folks house while my mom goes back to work.  This will mean getting up two hours earlier and taking ALL our school with us on those days.  Currently those are my "home" day when I try to do computer activities. But change is necessary. 
Things I’m working on…
I've started leading my daughters Daisy Troop, I work under the other troop leader but she focuses on the Brownies.  So I'm working on figuring out what the girls need to do to earn their patches by the end of the year.
I’m grateful for…
A full pantry.  My husband did our First of the month grocery shopping and managed to by thing we use, that are healthy, easy to put together (with our schedule thats important), and not junk food.  So I guess what I am truly grateful for is my uber responsible Hubby.
I’m praying for…
My mom and Dad.  Even positive changes (like dad being well enough for Mom to go back to work) can be stressful.  Especially when there are other changes happening (like Dad starting radiation on his lung.)
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Since Fashion Friday didn't happen this week here is my cute "Kitty" all curled up on a comfy chair.  Her costume was basically felt ears and black clothes, She does have a tail.


No comments: