Sunday, November 13, 2011

Journal Entry #4


In my life this week…
With the help of daylight savings I have been getting up two hours earlier (7).  I thought it would be a big adjustment, and it has been, but it has gone great!  I've even managed to get some house work done in between running around.  Go Me!
In our homeschool this week…
Charry finished her Kirsten unit.  She also has started division with remainders.  And she managed to read "The Hobbit", which I never thought of as a kids book.  I'm trying to convince her to sing the bilbo song as a book report: 

Merry is working hard at reading, she has four more books before she gets her own Animal Crossing character.  We had fun with gardening using these fabulous worksheets.  The best part was after watching "Wall-E" the cousins drew their own gardens on a piece of paper and Merry added a pizza plant, she cracked herself up.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We spent Tuesday at my dad's last week.  And will be going again on Friday.  Well we go to my dad's a lot but those are days we stay while my mom is at work.  Next Saturday is a Bible Quiz meet for Charry.  She has been studying hard, thanks to her teachers candy incentives.  
My favorite thing this week was…
My mother-in-law and I connected.  We had both grown up reading "Disney's Wonderful World of Knowlege" encyclopedia. Her mom had saved them and sent them up for the grandkids.  I was more excited than the kids were.

Things I’m working on…
Cleaning for Christmas.  My husband and I made a deal when the apartment is all the way clean (vacuumed/mopped/ etc.) I can decorate, no matter how early it is.  I hope to be all decorated by Thanksgiving.
I’m grateful for…
Holidays and their distractions.  Lately life has seemed harder and knowing that God keeps His promises gives me hope and a smile.
I’m praying for…
Families going through change.  Some changes are bigger than others, some changes are harder than others.  Some changes are happy (new baby nephew coming soon).  Some less so (a friend is losing their job).  They are all in my prayers. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
For my birthday month I've been adding an old photo to facebook each day, here is a sneak peak at tomorrows:
I'm the one with glasses. The chubby baby is tomorrows birthday girl, she'll be 21!

No comments: