Saturday, January 14, 2012

Journal Entry 6?



In my life this week…

Life is back to the regular routine and my kids don't seem to be sick any more.  So this week has been a good one.
In our homeschool this week…

We finished up our review of everything we forgot over Christmas break and then started in on new material.  I was excited to start "All about Spelling" with Merry.  She must have been listening when I was working with her sister because She flew through the phonograms!


Charry is feeling very grown up because I am "letting" her start cursive writing.  Because she is a lefty I was reluctant to try and teach her but she is motivated and has not complained at all about her page of practice each day (very different from last year and starting italics.
I am inspired by…

PINTEREST!!!  you can find the coolest ideas by just browsing through pins, just beware, 5 minutes can turn to an hour with out you even noticing.  Also make sure to "like" things you want to see again otherwise they are hard to find twice.  For example I saw a picture of "illusion hand art" that looked so cool I had to try it and I wish I could give credit to the original website. oh well, this is what ours looks like:


I'll have a how to post later today (I hope)
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week we had Girl Scouts, Dance Class, AWANA, spent time at my dads, and watched to cousins.  But the most exciting person we saw was...
Baby Benjamin!
My newest nephew is two weeks old and my daughters were finally well enough to meet him!
My favorite thing this week was…

Bargain shopping, I found coats for next year at 75% off, and a cool barbie play set at 50% (it got packed away with christmas decorations so I remember to wrap it up next year.
What’s working/not working for us…

I still LOVE "Life of Fred" math, Charry just started book two. Division isn't going quite so well.  But I think if we keep working on the "Wrap Ups" she will catch on.
Things I’m working on…

I'm trying to have the girls work on science together, but knowing what to expect from Merry with out having Charry feeling like she has "so much more work" is hard.  This week we started a weather unit and are making lap books.  I think this unit will be more work for me than for either of the girls.
I’m reading…

No I'm not, I can't fing my "War of the Worlds" book, so instead I am cleaning.
I’m praying for…

Spring, I hope it will be a wonderful season of peace, hope and joy.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Since I haven't had a fastionista post in a while here is my super trendy Merry:


4 comments:

Becca said...

We're just starting Life of Fred this past week and my girls love it so far. They love the story and that draws them into the math.

Mrs David W said...

Glad they are well and back at the books. I can not believe Charry is old enough to learn cursive. Whoa, such a big girl now. She can teach Bella when the time comes. Those lefty ladies have to stick together

Stacie said...

I love the hand art design. I remember making something like that when I was in school. I'm glad you included it in this post because I need all of the art ideas I can get for our homeschool!

Take care,
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Love the hand art! My girls would think that is so cool...we'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing your week.