Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Month, New Year, New Goals

I know what you are all thinking, "January is half done and you are just now getting around to new years resolutions."  Well first of all one of my resolutions is to be more on top of things next year so hopefully my list will be ready on the first not the tenth.  I have a whole year to work on that one.

The last few years (since we started homeschooling) most of my goals have revolved around schooling.  What changes needed to be made, which subjects we needed to spend more time on, which curriculum wasn't working, etc.  But this year I'm pretty happy with where we are at.  We took a long, much needed brake in December and now are getting right back to things.  So I'm looking at other goals, not school related.

One is I would like to be more in shape, not weight or dress size changing, just better able to keep up with my kids.

Another is I would like to decorate more.  We have lived in this apartment for over a year and the walls are empty, the furniture eclectic at best and little touches could go a long way.

And finally, I want to be more thrifty.  Buy only when the price is right.  If I could make it using stuff at home then I should at least try.  And hunt for bargains at second hand stores.

I hope this is a good year and that any changes are happy ones.

No comments: