Friday, March 30, 2012

Easiest egg dyeing method ever

With easter coming up quick I have been looking at all the fun, creative, child friendly egg dyeing ideas.  Now that my kids are grade school age, having little dishes or dye all over the place is less intimidating.  But I thought I would share one of the easiest egg dyeing methods I have ever tried.
The set up is simple, 4 to 6 eggs in a colander in the sink, pot of eggs on one side, muffin tin to place dyed eggs on the other.  Additional supplies, vinegar and food coloring squeeze bottle style.

First pour vinegar over eggs, turn them to make sure they are all the way covered (the color will only go where the vinegar is)
Second drop food coloring on eggs, Charry (age 4) loved this part.  Swish eggs a bit, rotate colander so the dye spreads out.  Then add another color dye and swish again.

You end up with tie-dye looking eggs and all the mess is in the sink ready to be washed down the drain.
The best part for me was not having to worry about one year old Merry dumping things all over.  I wish I had taken a picture of the eggs too but you will have to try this out fr yourself to see the final results.

No comments: