Saturday, March 31, 2012

Journal entry 8



The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In my life this week…
The rest of the town was on spring break, but we decided not to be.  So it was a normal week with out all the extra stuff.  That was nice.
In our homeschool this week…
I told Charry we would start studying matter, since we just finished space, and she informed me we had already done that.  "Sure, but that was last year, it's not like you remember all that much."  "I remember there are three stages, solid, gas and water."  She remembered more than I thought and made me smile.  We are studying matter.  I learned milk looks cool when you put it in oil.  Hopefully we will learn why also.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Keeping a deck of cards in your purse means you can have math fun anywhere.  My deck also happens to be "Crayola" so we could learn about the color wheel too.
I am inspired by…
Life of Fred, and the author Stanley Schmidt.  Besides having such an irregular constant to vowel ratio in his last name (6:1, ratios are cool), his books have reminded me why I always loved math.  And I'm hoping to buy the whole set, get re-caught up on my math and go back to school next year.  Fingers crossed.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This week we had none of the usual places to go so instead we helped my brother with puppets one night, saw the Snail People at a library event, and finished the week with an impromptu trip to Powell's, the biggest book store in the world.
Things I’m working on…
Making my crafting blog not boring.
I’m reading…
Well I'm about to be reading, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.  I read it once before in college and could use to simplicity now.
I’m grateful for...
A week with out obligations, we could be home or around and not be watching the clock or constantly on the move.
I’m praying for…
My sister as she moves and gets things set up for our Mom and Dad.  Moving is a big challenge without making things ready for someone else to move in too.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
The building was shaped like a triangle, it got wider as you when along.  This is why I don't live in the city, things are just strange there.


No comments: