Monday, March 3, 2014

"Insta"-replay #30, this is what happens when I clean

You can always tell when I've been cleaning.  First the kids get to do crafty projects (since I usually find something I had been meaning to give them anyways.)  And second we end up leaving the house (out of frustration or a strong desire to keep it clean.)  This week I worked on cleaning the schoolroom (still a work in progress.)
While going through craft supplies I found kaleidoscope kits.  My mom had given to us last summer but they had been forgotten.  The kits were a little tricky but the kids managed to work together and get them done.
The finished product was actually pretty cool.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, but these were better.
We also spent time out of the house.  I tagged along with my sister to the local children's museum.  It had been a while since we visited so the girls enjoyed reseeing old exhibits.
They also enjoyed discovering what had changed.  A favorite change was the theatre room was converted to a fairy tale stage.
The outdoor play area at the children's museum is covered with "don't feed the squirrels" signs, this was the first time I saw an actual squirrel (I didn't feed it.)
The week ended with a belated birthday trip for Merry.  Aunt Katie took her to a ceramics painting studio.  She had so much fun picking out the project and choosing the different colors.  No doubt this rabbit will be in next weeks replay as well, when we see the finished project.


No comments: