Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Years

This year has not been a good one, and school has been pushed to the back burner so to speak. But January seems like a good time to start anew. I'm excited about starting a new subject, Spelling. For me teaching spelling feels like the impossible task because I can not spell worth beans. But after reading through the first chapter in the teachers guide of "All about Spelling" I have confidence that this should be ok.

In addition to starting a new subject I also hope to try daily boxes, where you put each activity in a box or drawer and the student completes them one at a time. Then if I'm distracted Charry could still go on to the next subject. I don't quite know how to set those up though.

As the new year progresses I'll see want I can learn as I teach.

No comments: