Wednesday, January 26, 2011

homeschooling on the go

Lately life has been busier. We haven't had as much home time as I would have liked. That has meant adjustments me. Turns out these adjustments have been working pretty good.

Adjustment number one: Since Charry is ready to go before her sister (usually) I have her do one of the short assignments while she waits. That way she stays out of the way and we have one less thing to do later.

Adjustment number two: Workboxes are not going to work for us, instead I'm keeping the envelopes. The night before (or morning of) I put together 6-12 envelopes for Charry along with the books, papers and other school supplies she will need into a schoolbag. And I put a few workbooks in a bag for Merry to bring. Then we can work on school where ever we end up.

Adjustment number three: The where we end up is almost always my parent. Since we have school with us, I tend to stay later than I had been. This is good and gives my girls a nice change of pace in their day (less hurry, hurry) but has meant less housework time. This is an adjustment in progress.

No comments: