Sunday, July 13, 2014

"Insta"-replay #45, summer routine

We've managed to get into a summer routine of non-routine.
Our week started with a trip.  This time it was to an aquarium.  I was as excited as the girls!  Ok, I might have been more excited, especially when we saw the sharks!
The most exciting day for the girls was later.  Merry got her American Girl doll and we spent the day at my mom's because of a power outage.
I discovered blank books in the dollar section at Target.  I let the kids make leaf rubbing then write about their leafs.  It was a great way to keep them busy and books are easier to keep than a pile of loose papers.
We are in the middle of a heat wave so spending lunch at an air conditioned store is becoming normal.
A free icee from 7/11 was a perfect summer treat.  And I had a great time hanging out with my youngest sister.
Jon took the girls to the county fair. They saw animals, made bug cages, and enjoyed ice cream!
The week ended with a quiet day at my inlaws.  Aunt Katie painted nails and we watched tv.








No comments: