Monday, October 17, 2011

American Girl History, Josefina

The title of this post should be, "American Girl History, Fail."  Because I did a lousy job.  While Felicity was exciting and reminded me of growing up, reading in Grandma's attic.  Josefina was unfamiliar and hard to find simple lessons.  That and I kept calling her "Josephine."  Eventually Charry stopped correcting me.

We did manage to do a few lap-book activities.  Charry drew Josefina's portrait on the Ranch.  And we talked about the areas that are now America but use to be part of Mexico, Including New Mexico where Josefina lived.   And Charry made Spanish vocabulary cards.  A pretty pitiful lap-book.

 The other thing we learned from the Josefina books was how they made cloth.  Charry practiced some weaving of her own by making potholders.


In the end Charry read the books, we talked about each of them and she learned a few things about life in 1824.  I wasn't able to do as much as I had hoped but we have to move on.  Luckily 1854 and Kirsten is much more inspiring for me.

(oh and you might notice the lack of a new doll outfit, I miss placed my patterns I already have the fabric so as soon as the patterns turn up...)

No comments: