Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Homeschool Journal entry 1

I'm trying something new, The homeschool mom journal.  I'm having fun blogging and wanted to try one of those "link your blogs" things.  Th homeschool journal seems to be a good fit.  Since I blog to keep track more for myself than for others and this I hope will make a weekly appearance.  You should click the link and see what other homeschoolers are doing also.



In my life this week…
This has been a long week, filled with sickness.  Not the best.  
In our homeschool this week…
Merry worked on "Star Wars" preschool and finished her numbers workbook.
Charry worked on multiplication and reviewing Hebrew.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Sometimes you need to take a step back, there is no harm in redoing an area your weak in.
I am inspired by…
I've been reading lots of blog and have been inspired by the great ideas I've been seeing.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We've spent most of the time at home, although we had a lovely visit with my sister-in-law.
My favorite thing this week was…
Princess Bun-head headbands.  (as seen in my previous post) They were so much fun to make and I had come up with the idea myself.
What’s working/not working for us…
This week was half days because of sickness so we weren't able to do History or Science.  But Charry has been doing "Learning Wrap-ups" She is on day 9 of 10 of the multiplication I think it will take more practice for her to memorize but it has been a good start. I think we will use more of their products, I have the addition one ready for merry to start next week. 
Things I’m working on…
American Girl history, I'm less familiar with the girl we are working on right now so I have to do more work to prepare.
I’m grateful for…
Family and friends who have been very supportive during a very hard week.
I’m praying for…
My Uncles family, he past away this morning.  He was the one who taught me how to play chess.  He has two grown children, they had a hard life and haven't seen him for a while.  This will be hard for them.  My grandma is also having a hard time loosing her son.  So I pray for all of them. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Baby James Oct 9, 2010-Oct 16, 2010

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, no! Hopefully the sickness has "left the building" for next week!

Stopping by from Kris's Weekly Wrap-up!