Friday, October 28, 2011

Fashionista Friday: Halloween Edition

"Mom, I want to be a Little for Halloween."
"What?"
"You know, a Little, the small people with tails."
"O.K., a Little, but where did you hear about Littles?"
She didn't stick around long enough to answer instead she was off skipping.  But for the next few weeks she continued to insist she wanted to be a Little.  


So I present "Merry Little."  I think the mess of hair makes her look impish and adds the the costume.


 The costume was a combination of felt and an old hand-me-down shirt.  I made sure the felt buttons covered the stains and added patches to the skirt for color.


The tail was simple to make but very time consuming.  Instead of stuffing a brown sock (classic improve tail making), I decided to finger crochet  the tail out of my left over brown yarn.  Since I only know how to make a basic chain I had to crochet my crocheted chain so it would be the proper thickness.  Then to get it long enough took all of "The Wedding Singer."

But she makes a cute little Little.  And after further investigation I found out she had found "The Littles" on our book shelf.  She liked the pictures so much that she  asked her sister who they were.

She's clever and cute.

No comments: