Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Preschoolers, little bundles of interruption

Last week I started watching my nephews each afternoon, just for a few hours.  But this means loading up the girls and their school, having lunch with the cousins, and trying to finish whatever we hadn't gotten done in the morning (which last week was lots) with a 3 year old and a 4 year old underfoot.  The first few days were sketchy but I think we have it worked out.  Jelly Telly has a blog and once a week or so they they highlight some great family resources.  Last week they had a link to free fall preschool printouts.  That came at the perfect time for me.  I quickly used up all my ink and had three sets of worksheets ready to go.


 Soon They were gathered around the little table working away at what ever I put in front of them.
 Finger prints
 Scissors (she really does know how to hold scissors I don't know why she had them facing the wrong way)
Odin needed a little more help/instruction with most activities, but Aunt Coral helped, so it was fine.
Charry had the peace and quiet needed to concentrate.  Top is how she actually looked, bottom is how she wants people to think she looks, my little poser.


The worksheets worked so well I already have a pond unit printed for this week and Star Wars downloaded for next week.  We only spent half an hour or so each day just enough for Charry to finish a subject or two.  But having all the worksheets on hand was a big help.  If you're looking for something fun and simple to keep kids busy you should check out all the  Preschool Packs the gal at Homeschool Creations obviously put a lot of work into them so you don't have too.

1 comment:

Mrs David W said...

Thanks homeschool mom you are a goddess of knowledge. I love all of them crowded around the table.