Saturday, October 29, 2011

Homeschool Mom Journal: second entry




In my life this week…
The week has gone by fast.  But nothing note worthy stands out.  

In our homeschool this week…
Charry has been WOWing me with her new math skills. It has gone from an hour of pouting to fifteen minutes of getting it done.
Merry has been WOWing me with her reading skills.  She has moved up to the level 4 "Now I'm Reading" books.  She has also been sounding out Dr. Seuss book on her own. 
I am inspired by…
Blogs.  I have been blog hopping a lot and have found some great ideas.  I even remembered to bookmark some of them so when I had time I could actually try some of the great ideas.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This week we spent over an hour waiting to see the Doctor.  Charry hurt her wrist at church and it was still hurting the next day.  Good news, wrist is just sprained, no brace needed.  Bad news, Charry skinned her knee in the doctors office and needed a bandaid.  
My favorite thing this week was…
Making monster frames with cousins.  We got the idea from A Sprinkle of This...

What’s working/not working for us…
Working~ Social Studies.  American Girl history is going great, Kirsten is my favorite.  And Knuffle Bunny travels, Merry is even remembering past weeks adventures.


Not Working~ Science.  I'm having trouble finding activities that can be done on the go.  Also trying to have both girls work on the same thing is more work than I thought it would be.  I think I need to start planning for the whole week instead of one day at a time.
Things I’m working on…
Cleaning, but I'm not doing very good right now.  
I’m cooking…
I'm not a cook, I don't even like to cook.  But I made 3 boxes of cupcakes for a memorial service today.  I know from a box isn't real cooking but to frost the chocolate cupcakes I mixed peanut butter into the premade vanilla frosting.  So it was semi-homemade peanut butter frosting.
I’m grateful for…
My family.  My Mom, Dad, sibling, nieces, nephews, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, grandparents and all my in-laws.  
I’m praying for…
My cousins who lost their dad this month.  In Christ death has no victory but without HIm...
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
I've been having fun looking at old pictures lately, 

Five years ago
Nine month pregnant, Aunt Kimi climbs hay bails with nine month old Merry

No comments: