Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So I started this week very excited for "Star Wars Week."  After all Star Wars is a family favorite.  Even for my girls who haven't seen the movies yet.  Unfortunately the week hasn't turned out quite as well as I thought it would.  Two days of sick kids and one of sick Mommy means it's half over and no "Star Wars" yet.  Well I do have my Star Wars Preschool Packs printed out and the cousins got to read Frog Wars a Veggi retelling of the plagues in Egypt.  And I did try out my good idea, yarn Princess Leah Buns.

 front view
right side
 left side

They were so easy to make, just took a lot of yarn, a head band, hot glue and felt (to glue the yarn to.)  I tied the yarn to the head band in 3 places, at the top and at the base of each side.  Then I braided both sides, twisted into buns and hot glued to hold in place.  Then I hot glued again everywhere they came loose after the girls wore them a bit.  I think they are adorable, the girls thought they were itchy but wore them anyways.

No comments: